What is a Mega Million? Mega-million is an American lottery system. It is one of America’s largest jackpot games. It happens twice a week Tuesday and Friday.
The lottery is a type of gambling game in which people buy lottery tickets. Then it involves drawing a lottery number randomly and, if you have the number, you are the winner. It is an old practice in which winners get selected very randomly.
About mega millions lottery
The mega-million lotteries were earlier known as the big game in 1996. The big game started in 1996, is an American lottery game with 45 participating states. The first mega million was in 2002. It is held twice every week, Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. eastern time. The organiser of the event is – Multi-State Lottery Association.
Countries such as Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Florida, etc., are some of the countries that are the regular participants of the mega-million lottery. Countries like India, Bangladesh, China, etc., are some of the countries that do not participate in the mega-million.
Mega-million was initially known as the big game. It sold its first lottery ticket in 1996. Later, the big game was a mega-million in 2002. The big game initially was drawn only on Friday. Later, it was twice a week.
The first lotteries were Washington (2002), Texas(2003), California(2005).Over the years, the format of the game kept changing and it started introducing a lot of new options.
Recorded mega million
The highest jackpot record of mega-million to date is $1537 billion. It was in Oct 2018.
The latest and the last jackpot record was $390 million.
The revenue is divided between the winner and others in the ratio of 60:40 respectively. Winners get the 60% of the sales amount while the remaining 40% is distributed among the various sponsors, retailers, marketing, etc.
Rules for playing
There are some rules for playing mega millions. There are two separate pools to play a game. In the first, which is the ‘main’ one you have to choose 5 numbers from 1 to 70 and, then from the second pool, which is the additional one called ‘mega ball’ you have to choose 5 numbers from 1 to 25.
After selecting, you have to match all these 5 numbers to win the jackpot.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- What are the 5 lucky numbers?
The luckiest numbers are – 3,21,23,27,32,53,62,64. From these, only 5 have to be picked.
How many numbers pay in Mega Millions?
- What days do Mega Millions draw?
Tuesday and Fridays at 11;00 p.m.
- Who sold the winning Mega Millions of Tickets?
A $699.8 million Powerball winning ticket was sold in California.
Click here and check the Official channel of Mega Millions and get notified on new notification.
The lottery system is legal in some countries and illegal in some. In countries where it is illegal, people do the lottery system or gamble secretly. The only reason is money. The jackpot is a chance of earning big. Hence in the greed of money, people do illegal work also.