OCBC is a renowned banking organisation that is situated in Singapore. Any banking organisation provides its clients with a secure password to login into their accounts and protect their confidential documents in a proper manner.
OCBC, an abbreviated form of Oversea-Chinese Banking corporation also provides its customers with an access code that they are supposed to use at the time of logging into their accounts. This is known as the OCBC access code.
What is OCBC Access Code and How Banking Corporations Use it?
OCBC also provides its customers with a login ID and password that is also considered as the access code. But there are some rules and regulations regarding the usage of this code and the clients are advised to follow certain procedures to protect their data.
- The access code provided by the banking corporation is not for lifelong usage.
- The clients are advised to change the access code and passwords according to their choice.
- If an individual client does not do so, the banking corporation will ask the person to change it.
The Necessary Steps to Follow while Changing the OCBC Access Code:
People cannot use some random words as the access code. They need to follow certain steps and it is for their own safety.
- Every banking account is linked to the owner of the account with the mobile number.
- To change the access code, people need to follow the necessary steps to change it and during the process, they will get a one-time password on their mobile.
- This one-time password or OTP must not be shared with anyone else who is not supposed to know about the bank details.
- After verifying that OTP, the users need to change their access code.
Things to Keep in Mind While Selecting An Access Code:
People need to remember a few things before setting something like the password or access code.
- People should never use their own dates of birth as the access code.
- They should never use something as an access code that can be guessed easily by anyone.
- Symbols should not be used as passwords.
- Numbers should be avoided as well.
- An ideal password should be long enough.
- A password should never exceed 14 characters.
- People should note down the new access code set by them.