RDA is the abbreviation of Recommended Dietary Allowance. It suggests the particular amount of nutrition that an individual adult will need to survive in a healthy way. The recommended amount is not static. Depending upon the food item and its nutrients and macronutrients, the recommended amount varies.
What is RDA in Nutrition and How It Differs?
Since every individual’s lifestyle is different so is the particular RDA in nutrition. It does not always follow a strict pattern to calculate the recommended intake of different food items.
- This is a standard recommendation that may work for someone but may not work for another person. For example, if a person works day and night and put in a tremendous amount of physical strength, the RDA in nutrition for that individual will surely be different from another person’s RDA in nutrition.
- Another important thing that deserves special mention is that the RDA for a male is different from the RDA for a female.
- Every sort of nutrients like protein, carbohydrate, mineral, fat, fibre are different from each other and there is a particular RDA fixed for the intake of these nutrients.
- Macronutrients provide the necessary energy to human bodies and there is a fixed RDA for the intake of these as well. Various Amino acids and fats fall under the category of macronutrients.
When People should consult doctors regarding RDA in nutrition?
- The list of RDA has been made considering the general needs of the general people. But it may vary from time to time. If a person is not getting enough nutrition even after intaking foods as per the guidelines of RDA, then the individual needs to consult the doctors and seek medical advice.
- It works in most cases and people get most of the nutrients that are required for their bodies by following the guidelines of RDA.
- RDA may also vary based on the different climates. People who live in tropical countries, need to intake more fluids than people who live in Northern Hemisphere.
- It may also vary based on the age group to which an individual belongs. Adults need different amounts of nutrition and the aged people need to get access to customised diet charts.
All the information provided in the blog will be highly beneficial for the people who are in search of the exact amount of RDA in nutrition. It will be best if they consult a physician before making changes to their diet.